Monday, May 21, 2012

Eclipse

I am waiting for the eclipse of the sun to begin.  There are clouds.  I blame God.  I made plans for the eclipse.  God could end up on my resentment list along with all the people in Albuquerque who will get the full eclipse while I get a partial, if anything, with these clouds.  I have an infantile faith.  I see God as having the sun and moon on a string. He brings the strings together, but then sends some clouds, just to ruin my plans.  Silly, right?

But don't we do this in other situations, with infantile faith.  We have plans.  Something we cannot control gets in the way.  We blame God.  My plans make sense.  If something that does not make sense gets in the way, I blame God, right?  It assumes we know all about God and how God works or should work.  Infantile faith is based upon God doing what makes sense to me.  What makes sense to me is getting what I want.  When what I call bad things happen, infantile faith goes out the window.  Uuh!  Here comes the sun.  Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment