Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Rosary

Lately, I have been saying the rosary.  The weather is mild here now, so I go for a walk, sometimes slowly around the school, or around the church and alley.  I say the rosary as I walk.  The beads hang from my hand.  Now and again someone passes me.  I smile and say hello.  I have gotten comfortable doing this rosary walk.  I seem to shift into a peacefulness, or at least shed whatever craziness was going on in my mind.  I think of the mysteries of the rosary, or look at the green mountains in front of me.  I try not to look at the pretty joggers.  A man saying his rosary, you expect more, right?  Anyhow, by the time I return to the house, I am in pretty good shape.  The iTouch has all the prayers, should I forget one or go blank on a mystery of the rosary.  My rosary is coming with me to Virginia.  So is my iTouch, my tennis ball to roll on as I get the kinks out of my muscles, and my jogging/walking shoes.  All the essentials now include my rosary.

2 comments:

  1. This is great Father. I thought I was the only one who practiced the daily walking rosary. It calms the mind and soothes the spirit.
    Try shopping for a decent set of rosary beads in Boulder though!
    Enjoy your trip but hurry back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope for your shake you get to go to Snow Mass and have a great time. Your mind is so good. I don't know how you do it. For my sake, I hope you come back soon because I am struggling to hang in here.

    ReplyDelete