Friday, May 11, 2012

The Pain Mask

I went to a sports massage guru with a pain in my hip.  It turns out that the hip hurt because it was the weakest of the muscles and tendons that were all connected.  The problem to address was in other parts of my body that were stronger than the hip, so were able to mask the issue.  So now I have to work on strengthening these other parts so that my hip won't cry out for attention.   In the spiritual life we usually focus on where the pain is.  We say, "I have no faith," or "I cannot pray," or "I am bored" and so on.  These are the presenting issues but not the problem.  The problem with "faith" is that we have the wrong god.  We are trying to believe in a god that does not exist or is an idol.  We need a new God encounter.  God is not an idea or a concept or a thing.  God is Love.  God is.  If you can enjoy nature, or see something beautiful in another person, you have found God.  See it in yourself and you have found paradise!  Whiners are blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment