Thursday, May 24, 2012

Some Days

Some days I just don't have it when I exercise.  I feel tired, slow, ands struggling.  Today was that day.  Two days ago and yesterday were a breeze.  I was ready to win the elliptical olympics, or run free of effort.  I was ready for a good workout today.  From the get go, it was hard.  It took everything I had just to put in the time.  I was slow and the effort was great.  I have days like this.

Is it not the same way in being a parent, marriage relationship, job, daily chores?  Some days we are super parent, or a most loving spouse, or energized and creative in our job.  Other days, well...everything is a struggle and you want to give up.  You just get through it and hope the damage is minimal, that your child, spouse, boss, or co-workers don't think you a complete jerk or an uncaring person.  It is the same in a life of prayer.  We have those days in which we just go through the steps, the motions as best we can.  Why these days?  It keeps me humble!

No comments:

Post a Comment