Saturday, May 19, 2012

Signage

I went to a wonderful restaurant this evening.  I had passed it numerous times and not been attracted to it because the signage outside did not indicate how good the food is.  It seemed like a little dinky place with nothing special about it.  It got me thinking about people and places.  We all have "signage" about us.  People pass us by or see us from some distance and may decide on that whether they want to know more.  I have to keep reminding myself to stand up straight.  I tend to slump though I don't know it until I see a picture of myself.  I tend to grimace instead of smile.  Come to think of it, I don't know why people bother to approach me for anything.  Maybe they are desperate!  I am going to work on my "signage" since I think there is more to me than I advertise.  Well...let's hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Blessings Father Terry,
    My name is Maggie Landry ( Mary Margaret). I am a Irish Catholic mother of four. I am so excited to come across your blog. Your writings are full of such truth and wisdom.
    Just the other day my husband, Michael and I were discussing this exact insight. We were married later in life.(38) God soon blessed us with baby after baby. We are now 47,48 with a very young and energetic family. It is so humerous to be greeted whenever we go out with smiles and many compliments on our cute grandchildren. So we are definitely being seen for our greying hair, older looking figures and hopefully our patient and more traditional parenting style. Our signage is clearly saying grandparents. God bless you, Maggie Landry

    ReplyDelete