Sunday, October 7, 2012

Credit Cards

I did not use them for years.  When I discovered them, or they me, with my disposable income, I would not use them.  If I could not afford something, I did not buy it.  I got a loan in school for a car and tuition.  I paid it off in installments my first three years after I finished school.  I never felt that I deserved a vacation.  I earned a vacation.  I saved up.  I did buy some ridiculous 60s clothes and plenty of beers, but I always paid cash or check.  Even today, all the bills I get, I can and do pay with no interest.  The only thing I cannot buy that I want is eternal life, heaven.  That will be a gift.  I wonder how many people who think they deserve this and that, on the spot, now, will be surprised when they die and find that there is an installment plan that they have been missing payments on during their self-serving lives?  It is called purgatory.  Attending to my spiritual life today, with prayer and action, is making payments.  I don't want that interest to build up.

No comments:

Post a Comment