Friday, December 21, 2012

Abusive Language

The Vatican abuses the English language.  58% of priests in the USA who are English speaking as their first language, are of the opinion that the new translations of prayers for the mass are poorly written.  The Vatican simply does not understand the USA.  This is an example.  The translations are bad English.  You can argue about the words used.  My point is that the English is bad grammar.  You could have figured this out by the third or fourth grade.  I abuse any language that I do not understand.  All of us do.  But it would be silly to ask someone like me to come up with a translation into a language  that I do not fully understand.   Actually, the priests are the only ones having a problem with the prayers.  The laity have pretty much stopped listening at mass.

1 comment:

  1. You are right on about this
    How do you keep your wits about you knowing this to be true?

    ReplyDelete