Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gave Her All

Rhonda is the music director and pretty much the liturgist for the parish where I presided at Christmas masses.  She has a beautiful voice.  I had three masses on Christmas Eve.  By the time I got to Mid-night mass, I wondered if I would fall asleep during one of the readings.  But I did not, nor did I give my all.  Rhonda gave her all, much like Mary did, to bring Christ into the world for us.  Rhonda had lost her beautiful voice by the time Mid-night mass came around.  She could not even talk.  That same voice, at the earlier masses that evening, had helped to bring a sense of Christ into my life and that of the congregation.  Without Mary and Rhonda, strong women, would there be a Jesus for us today?  The Church can ordain all the men it wants.  Without women, we are just a men's club with its frills and status.  That won't fill the manger.  No one comes to Christmas mass for an empty manger.  Thank you Rhonda, Mary, and the many women who give their all for Christ to be born into our lives day after day.

1 comment:

  1. "Help me Rhonda, Help help me Rhonda...Help me Rhonda Yeah!"....The woman sings like a bird!

    ReplyDelete