Monday, December 10, 2012

Grace

I gave a Advent Day of Prayer/Reflection to priests in the Archdiocese of San Francisco yesterday.  32 priests, waiting to see what this guy they never heard of had to say.  I was nervous.  But I gave it a go.  Grace worked, because I don't know where some of the stuff a said came from, or how it came out so logically and fit together.  The priests seemed to listen.  Fortunately, there was a lunch, so no one left.  Food always helps to get people and keep them.  God had me do what God wanted, I think.  The day went well, but I would find myself thinking, "Why am I doing this?  I struggle so much myself."  Anyway, the bishop said the check is in the mail.

1 comment:

  1. Your struggles are inspiring yet painful. Why are you doing this? You know, you are allowed to take a break. Why don't you take a vacation? Go sea kayaking, scuba diving, or do something completely stupid; for the hell-of-it! We'll be here when you return.. and if you don't, we'll be okay..

    ReplyDelete