Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Oops!

Christmas Day I awoke at 10:00 AM.  This is late for me, but I had the Mid-night mass the evening before, as well as two other masses on Christmas Eve.  It took me to about noon to get myself together.  No prayer.  Just breakfast and getting dressed.  I wrote some thank you cards and walked to the post office to mail them.  No prayer yet.  I called relatives.  I went to visit friends and had a wonderful Christmas dinner, actually two dinners.  No prayer. I came home and went to bed.  "Oops," I said to God.  I had not prayed on this very holy day.  I thanked God for friends, for my priesthood, for his birth, and said tomorrow I will do better.  I hope on his birthday, God can cut me some slack.  At least I remembered that I forgot to pray.  I hope this counts for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment