Saturday, December 8, 2012

Plans

My priesthood is not going according to my plans.  Of course, my plans are grandiose.  So my plans ought never to work out.  Parents have plans that their children will be happy.  What will that look like?  The child will have a spouse, healthy children, career and home.  But I know people who have all of that and are not happy at all.  Happiness is not about things, having things, for many of us.  At Christmas some of us try and make people happy with things.  I know people who get lots of things and they are not happy.  Someone told me happiness is an inside job.  I resist this.  Maybe that is why I am not getting my way or my plans to work out.  If I attend to my spiritual work, my soul, maybe I will have a new plan?  Might it be less grandiose, less about me, less about things?  One can only try this "inside job" and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment