Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hope?

Someone said that if you see the world as doomed to injustice and tragedy, then you might just go about doing your best to get all you can for yourself out of every situation. A lot of people were turned off by John the Baptist and Jesus because of the Hope that John and Jesus had for the world.  Hope says that if I stop being so self-centered, so into getting stuff for me, and become more giving, sharing, and connected to my fellow traveler in this life, things might go better.

Did your hope take a beating in the Sandy Hook massacre?  Rage and despair might rule for now.  Grief for a much longer time.  But we can only make the world a better place with hope.  That is why it is the virtue wedged between faith and love.  Ya gotta believe, then hope follows, and then love. As least it seems that way to me.

2 comments:

  1. Fr. Terry,
    Thank you so much for your talk on Sat. 12/15 at SHJ. Your message spoke to my heart. I shared some highlights w/ my book group. We do love you in Boulder! Maria K.

    ReplyDelete