Friday, December 7, 2012

Chicken Soup

I am desperate for homemade chicken soup.  I have a friend in Boulder, Colorado who makes soup to cure my cold.  But I am 1000 miles away, and sick.  I have no energy and so on.  We all know this feeling.  I know the illness and I know the cure.  I never hunger for the soup until I get ill.  Why do I have to get spiritually ill before I hunger for prayer?   I think of prayer as optional, or part of my bucket list some days.  Then I feel a sickness in my soul.  It is a hunger for the Presence that I have been ignoring.  I have been starving my soul, and now it has gone on the fritz.  I got sick because I was trying to do too much.  When I try and do too much is when I am most likely to be skipping prayer.  Do less.  Pray more.  Everything in moderation is what I recall.  I have to get sick to recall the cure.  Where is my chicken soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment