Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Church Museums

The Pope says that churches that don't open their doors are museums.  Oh?  Well, my church in San Francisco decided to close even an hour earlier than before.  Why?  Are we against people coming for quiet and prayer?  No, but we suffer from the consequences of San Francisco being a big outdoor asylum for the mentally troubled.  We have to pay someone to sit in the church every hour that it is open to prevent people from coming in to steal, and use the floors for toilets.  There is more but you get the idea.  We are a poor parish.  Even I don't get paid there.  I try to make money to support our meagre budget and considerable expenses in maintaining the old place.  The few hours that we are open allow us to do something rather than just close up and leave.  Leave San Francisco!  I will work harder.  I will even become more pious and orthodox.  Well...maybe some things are not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment