Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Light

During one weekday mass I looked out at the congregation and saw a fellow with a long brown garment on that looked somewhere between a Franciscan and a Buddhist robe.  He had his knapsack with him.  I thought that he might be a person who slept outside last night or a bit of an eccentric.  I hoped he would not be a bother during or after mass.  A bit later I looked out again at the congregation and the sun was shining on his face, and his face alone, in the congregation.  Oops!  God had a message for narrowed-minded, judgmental, self-imploded me.  We are all loved by God.  We are all a bit of God's light.  See each one as a brother and sister in this universe.  The fellow's name is Justin.  He thinks that I am a nice priest.  Little does he know.  But I do not fool God.

1 comment:

  1. There was a woman who showed up at Paulist Mass and I made peace between her and the pastor and she was able to stay instead of being kicked out. Previously, I had let her sleep on my floor and I did science to fight and subdue the Antichrist, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who is now in Iranian custody awaiting trial for murders against his own people [DANIEL 11:44]. But, it is a possible WWIII situation, because "fearful ruin" = 9/11 [DANIEL 8:24], so the Messiah has to come. He has to come. Pray that Jesus will conquer, Father, and that homeless woman would calm down! Sincerely yours, John H. Jennings, Berkeley. email: jhjennings@juno.com Verses are from the New American Bible. Email if you please!

    ReplyDelete