Friday, September 11, 2015

Knoxville Visit

When I was in Knoxville recently, at least 6 people came up to me and said that they read my blog on a regular basis.  I am impressed.  I have been away from pastoring there for twelve years now.  Did I make more of an impression than I thought?  I talk about prayer and my foibles in life, the light and the darkness.  The honesty cleanses me, but seems to be of help to others.  Until this visit, I did not know that I was reaching some of the people who came to my talks.  It seems that if we do something that we love and believe in, we be be helping someone even if we don't know it.  So don't spend your energy on immediate gratification or recognition or results.  Just do what you love.  Then when you discover that you are helping people it will be a wonderful surprise.  So many young people do things to fit in.  That just dummies down the common denominator.  Jesus did not fit in.  I doubt the Buddha did either.  But they believed in themselves and their path.  Be you.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog gets me through each day which is sometimes not easy. this message will be one I read every day and have passed on! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father Terry keep up the good work! Your blog makes me pause and think and that's a wonderful thing in this noisy world. Loved seeing you in Knoxville!

    ReplyDelete