Thursday, September 17, 2015

Teen Age Girls

In hindsight I should have been nicer to teenage Catholic girls when I did parish ministry.  Say what? Well, I would have been invited to a lot of nice places or back to places where I once worked, and would visit with a lot of old friends.  You see, girls do care about who the priest is at their wedding.  Boys are hopeless.  If a teenage girl makes friends with a particular priest and he says he will come back and do her wedding some day, there is a good chance she will remember.  And she is more likely to get married in a Catholic church which will make parents and especially grandparents happy.  I was just back in Knoxville where I had been pastor and realized I blew it.  All the girls grew up and got married.  The priest who followed me as pastor gets all their weddings.  And he gets to Dollywood as a side trip.  Wisdom is coming to me way late.

2 comments: