Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Advance Answers

Chiara Lubich gave me this one.  It is a jolt.  If you were about to take a test, would you not think it fortuitous to have the answers in advance?  I don't mean cheating.  That would be bad.  I mean, if the answers were readily and knowingly given to you with the permission of the teacher.  Easy test right?  Pass with 100%.  Go on to Harvard or the next grade level anyway.  Well, life is a test.  To get to eternal life we have to pass the exam.  But we have the answers.  They are given to us in the scriptures of whatever spiritual path we follow or say we believe in.  In Christianity it is Matthew, chapter 25.  I am sure it is in the Hebrew Scriptures, Koran, Upanishads, Sutras, Twelve Steps, and so on.  We have the answers.  But we don't follow them or answer correctly.  You would think yourself pretty stupid if you did this on a school test would you not?  Right now, I think I might get a rather low grade.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment