Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Super Spiritual

In my more delusional state of weirdness, I want to become super spiritual, like in guru, or peace-filled content with all that goes on around me.  I meditate.  I read books on prayer and inspiration.  I read uplifting biographies.  I try to be calm and peaceful.  I am a lit candle in the darkness.  All this is snuffed out by simple daily life.  My room is too cold.  I run out of soap, toothpaste or toilet paper.  Someone ate the treat I was going to have "after."  The "wrong" sheets are on my bed.  We run out of half and half cream for my coffee.  I get upset and whine to myself in anger.  At this stage I am unfit for the outside world of work and relationships.  I am in a "mood."  I think that maybe super spiritual starts with acceptance.  I occasionally stumble onto acceptance.  It must be a passing grace, because it is elusive.  I have found it to be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment