Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Is It OK?

When we ask the question of ourselves, "Is this OK," the question only makes sense if it is something that we have control over.  "Is it OK," to be 5'6" tall makes no sense as a question.  You are as tall as you are.  You can wear lift shoes or heals if you think you are "too" short, but it does not change your basic height.  We are often trying to change something that is natural to us, because we cannot accept ourselves naturally.  If you have hazel eyes, as I do, accept it.  No one ever said I had beautiful eyes, but I am fine with my eyes.  I don't spend time looking at me.  If you have red hair, that is you.  Why not accept it. If you have curly hair, maybe it all fits into the whole of creation!  But people often want to be blond, or at least not grey haired.  Advertising is most often based upon not accepting ourselves.  It is OK that you are who you  are.  If others put you down, that is their opinion.  God made you who you are.  I like God's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment