Friday, October 30, 2015

Reprieve

What does, "There but for the grace of God, go I," mean?  Well, if you pay no attention to your inner spiritual self I would say you are having a reprieve from disaster.  If you have no spiritual practice, and are relieved that you are not in someone else's predicament, in time you will fall into your own disaster and someone else will say about you, "There but for the grace of God, go I."  When I am healthy enough to run, I tell people that I am between injuries.  This is because I do not take the time and discipline to care enough for my body between runs, or do too much when I should be doing little.  Running is not all about running and life is not all about action.  To avoid disaster, or enjoy a more permanent reprieve, you need time to nourish the soul, the spiritual innards.

No comments:

Post a Comment