Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Self Forgiveness

If I forgave others the way that I forgive myself, few people would be forgiven anything.  I would be constantly upset with them.  I find it so much more difficult to forgive me than to forgive others.  It is a sin of false pride.  I should be better than I am relative to others.  They can mess up, but I cannot.  They can be human, with faults and failings, bad habits that I accept or forgive, but I cannot be so human, or have faults or bad habits.  Some days my life can be such a drag.  Trying to be perfect is not easy.  When God made Adam, God said, "It is good."  God never said Adam was perfect.  I seem to expect myself to be better than God's creation, to improve upon God.  Pride.  One of the seven deadly sins is often unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment