Monday, October 26, 2015

Walking

Since June 9 I have had some hip issue and my running has been compromised.  I stopped running altogether about six weeks ago.  I am now a walker and have gotten to sub 16:00 on a good day.  What I find as a plus is that I get to observe the scene around me as I walk.  Flowers, architecture, and some surprises along the way.  I am beginning to not miss running.  I am getting fat.  Fortunately, I wear black clothes a lot, so it is not so noticeable that I am fat.  I could eat fewer treats, but let's not go there yet.  I feel very good.  No aches and pains.  I can do about any exercise or stretch.  I simply cannot run pain free.  An x-ray says nothing structural is the matter.  Physical therapy will start down the road some time.  I expect to run again sometime and not be fat.  The weather has been great for outdoor exercise.  I recently bought a helmet for bike riding.  We will see.  When one thing is taken away, something new might be discovered.

1 comment: