Thursday, February 18, 2016

Mediocre Me

Throughout most of my high school, college, MBA graduate school and seminary I was a mediocre student.  I thought maybe I was stupid or "average."  When I finished seminary and was ordained, I was done with formal schooling.  It occurred to me one day soon thereafter, "Now I can read what I want."  I took a book off the rectory shelf that seemed to attract me, "The Other Side of Silence," by Morton Kelsey.  That was 38 years ago, and it was the beginning of a career I have grown to love, and found myself not so mediocre.  If you are not enjoying or doing well in studies, it might be that you are not where you are supposed to be in the study area.  When you find your sweet spot for learning, you will find yourself "smarter" and happier about learning.  All good teachers have a passion for what they teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment