Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Go To Learn

Some young marrieds in the parish have invited me to be with them in their group meeting to work on "Love In Marriage."  They might be delusional about me, that is, that I am holy and wise.  Or they might be desperate to have some priest, any priest.  Fortunately, I know that I have no expertise.  I am not going in order to give them all my brilliant answers or solutions.  What do I know about marriage?  But I am going to learn.  I do not get invited to young married couple homes.  So I can learn a lot about that generation by listening and asking.  This way, I go with some humility but with no pressure on myself.  I won't mess things up with silly solutions to make me look good.  Who knows?  Grace may intervene and God might speak through me, something I never thought of.  I might be helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment