Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Nightingale

Kristin Hannah's novel, "The Nightingale," is well worth a read.  It is a bestseller and ought to be.  Two women, sisters, respond to war very much based upon how they respond to the difficult life they had before the war.  Ultimately, love or the desire to be loved, carries them along as they make their different responses to the events that happen.  The enemy breaks their bodies as they try to survive.  Much is lost both materially and physically, but the heart cannot be beaten where their dwells love.  Love lasts.  It is how we remain, and carry on after so much suffering and horror.  I have found that if I am loving and feeling loved, much misery can happen in my life, but my heart does not get beaten down.  It is why I stay in touch with friends and with my prayer life.  I cannot control a lot of outside stuff such as a world war.  But love is a response.  it is the energy behind all response to horror and pain and suffering.  Read the book.

3 comments:

  1. I will. Your words really speak to me right now. The world could really use some more love and we all should be working harder to give it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the power of this book! It is one of my new favorites.

    ReplyDelete