Saturday, March 4, 2017

The Coin

A coin has two sides.  If I only see one side, I do not see the whole coin.  No one thinks of a coin as having only one side.  But this is how many of us look at most situations, from our side or point of view.  We do not accept that we only have our side and not the whole of a situation.  When we tell others that we think they are all wrong and wacko, it might be that we cannot turn over to any other side but our own.  From my side I cannot see or experience another side, but I try to keep in mind there might be another side to the situation.  I might think that something does not make any sense to me, but that in itself does not make it wrong.  I have my beliefs about things, but I try to stay open to people who have a different way of seeing a situation.  It is better than killing the "other."

1 comment:

  1. Please don't confuse me with the facts, my mind's made up!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete