Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Catholic Hope

I am a hopeful person and I think part of it is because I am a Catholic and a rather ordinary person.  So why the hope?  My belief is that the Creator of all this vast universe, or universes, decides to reside in something as mundane and ordinary as a wafer of bread, and not even good healthy baked bread.  A thin tasteless wafer is fine for the Divine Presence.  I too am ordinary and mundane and have many a moment when my mediocre ways remind me of my state.  But if I can recall God in the wafer, then I don't spend time beating myself up.  As we age we do become "less" in several ways.  But I am still good enough, be it ordinary and mundane, for this Creator of the vast universe to dwell in me.  It is what I call the "God-With-Us" way of thinking.  It makes me incredulous at times, a real leap of faith, and to non-believers, a bit strange.  But I just have to stop now and again and say, "Thank You."  Thanksgiving Day, is in two days and God is on my list.  So who do you say "Thank You" for the wonder that is you?

No comments:

Post a Comment