Friday, November 9, 2018

Your Ass

So I am sitting in a room where we are talking about things spiritual and someone irreverently pipes up with, "The message comes through your ass!"  What?  I waited to see how or if he would explain himself.  The shock passed as he said that you had to be at the place where you can hear the message of spiritual growth from someone else.  "Ass" refers to taking a seat where someone else is delivering the message.  The message comes from others, is delivered through contact with other seekers.  At some time each of us might be the messenger of wisdom.  I think of being in a meeting, a conference, a class, or a place of worship where I might get the message from another.  I can go to coffee with a friend, as I did with my friend Deborah last month, and get the wisdom.  I have to sit and listen.  But first I have to sit down on a chair.  So I guess this fellow was correct in his own way of saying it.  But he was memorable, I have to say that.  Could I say it his way in a homily?  Maybe my final homily😇

1 comment: