Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Elton John

I am going to see Elton John perform.  My life is complete!  But not really.  Now I love the songs he has written and his showmanship, so it will be a great night in the Denver Pepsi Center.  Plus I like Pepsi.  There is more about Elton John that merits my attention.  He is about my age, but he is still performing though it is called a three year farewell tour.  He is still performing because he loves what he does.  This is an important lesson for me.  I am often asked when I will retire.  Why retire?  I love what I do.  A couple of people like what I do too.  But even if most people might find me forgettable, good for humility, I still love what I do.  So age is not going to stop me.  And if we love what we do and it benefits others, my two or three fans, then why not go on doing what I do?  Welcome to Mile High Country Elton.  Rocketman!

No comments:

Post a Comment