Sunday, November 11, 2018

Pie

In the musical, " Waitress" many scenes take place in a Pie Diner.  A great pie is referred to as a pie that tastes so good the first mouthful, you want to eat more, and each bite has a bit of an added or new flavor come forth.  People who attract us can be just like a good pie.  Say what?  Well, I remember years ago I was a young man in New York City, at a party.  I saw a young woman.  We were about to leave at the same time and she asked me if I knew where her jacket might be.  I found it and we walked out together.  I was intent on getting home for a good night's sleep before work the next day, and was going to walk her to her nearby apartment.  We began to talk as we walked.  We walked around the block, a big square block in New York City.  We walked around a second, third, and fourth time.  About the fifth time, still talking, I walked her to her apartment.  Neither of us talked about how late it was getting, we were so absorbed in one another, or at least I was.  Each flavor of ourselves that we talked about brought up something connected but new, layer upon layer of our life.  That is like pie.  It is special to meet and be with a pie person.  Oh, and she let me kiss her goodnight.  Mmm, Mmm good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment