Friday, November 16, 2018

The Response

We cannot control a lot of things that happen to us, such as sickness, job loss, partner change of heart, loss of loved one, and car issues, as in crashes.  Lots of stuff just happens.  Poor guy, Job, in the Book of Job, in Hebrew Scriptures.  He was living with faith and moral uprightness, and he lost everything.  Did he curse God?  Did he whine?  Did he go into a funk?  Well, I guess you have to read all 42 chapters to see what happens.  But he shows that we can have some control as to how we respond to things that happen in life.  We can lie down and say, “My life is over.”  Or we can say, “Let’s get up and get moving to do the next right thing.”  Often, the next right thing for me is prayer and service.  I can be of service by finding people who might need me, or going where I can hear about a positive action in response to unexpected misery and loss.  I may not have a lot of choices about outside world issues and events, but I most often do have choices as to how I will respond.  Your Guardian Angel is ready and waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment