Monday, February 18, 2019

Baggage Drop-Off*

Baggage Drop-Off is where you let go of heavy burdens so that you might travel more easily to your destination.  You "Lighten Up!"  I think this is a good metaphor for the spiritual journey.  Many of us need a place/way/process where we can drop off the baggage in our life that burdens us as we try to journey into all we are meant to be.  I use the process of meditation, spiritual reading that might point out my flaws to me, and getting together with other people who might have solutions to "letting go."  So many situations in my life I find that I am the problem though I blame or focus on the shortcomings of others real or perceived.  I cannot change others, so why focus energy there?  Work on me.  Daily, I need to drop off the baggage of self, and self-will run riot.  If I ignore this process, then I inevitably weigh myself down with self-pity, judgment, false pride, resentments, and selfishness.  What a burden!  Baggage drop-off can be found in Recovery meetings, Spiritual reading, walks in the countryside or city streets, meandering along, mediation and yoga.  These are just examples I have found to be helpful.  A day may not be stress-free, but it need not be stress-full.

No comments:

Post a Comment