Monday, February 11, 2019

Today And Tomorrow*

What I do today will show up in how I act tomorrow.  Take exercise.  If I run today, then tomorrow will dictate some exercise but not running.  The day after that will be running, and so on.  Tomorrow's plan begins with what I do today.  In the spiritual journey it is the same.  A meeting with friends who help me today to get focused on right attitude and behavior will affect how I am when I wake up tomorrow and how I act tomorrow.  If I pray today I will pray tomorrow because today's spiritual exercise gives me the energy and focus to repeat it or do something slightly different but connected to what I did today.  If I love someone today in a selfless fashion, then tomorrow that relationship will most likely go well.  If I am mean, nasty, selfish and fearful acting today, then tomorrow will reap all the darkness of today's action, until I work to reverse it, probably getting back to the meetings with friends who help me along the path of right attitude and right action.  Keep up the prayer and meetings and you will do good things for others and reap the benefits yourself.  Start with now.

No comments:

Post a Comment