Thursday, February 21, 2019

Stop*

Someone said that if you don’t want to get hit by a train then stay off the tracks.  Of course, you might say.  But in daily life many of us act like someone who stays on the tracks but thinks they will figure out a way that the train won’t hit them.  You live somewhere that you know is not good for you.  You are in a relationship that is lethal.  You have a job that is just not for you.  You practice behavior that is not healthy and you do it over and over.  In all these examples you often think you will make it work, or fix it, or you will leave later but later never comes.  I have found that if I am in a bad situation, or practicing bad behavior, I have to get off the tracks or I will get hit by the train.  The train is not going to stop.  I am the one who has to change direction.  Sometimes I have let the train hit me rather than change my direction.  So I find some help to get me off the tracks.  I call it a spiritual journey of contact with my God.  I know for sure it is some force that it not me.  Left to my own devices, I stay on the tracks.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, we have a new jaywalker archetype right here. The train-track-stander!

    Sometimes I feel more like the train, roaring through other people's lives, sweet affections dead.

    ReplyDelete