Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Elton John

Tonight I am going to an Elton John concert.  If you don’t know who he is you are either very young or grew up in a world very different from my own.  Now, many a Church going Catholic will say I am a bad priest for going to an Elton John concert.  I should be in chapel praying, or reading holy books or helping others.  Tonight I will not be doing those things, so maybe I am a bad priest.  I surely will go without any shame and guilt, or repentance.  So maybe being a bad priest is not all bad.  I would call myself a mediocre priest who likes to have fun with sanity.  There may be a few people at the concert that will not be so sane, but I cannot help that.  Elton John music is my kind of music and he is a great showman, with his colorful outfits.  I will be standing up and dancing, singing, clapping and being oh so...Anyway, I will get home late, and next time I go to the monastery for a retreat, I will be singing Elton John tunes as I drive.  Mediocrity can be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment