Saturday, February 2, 2019

Vigilance*

Some of us are a bit in love with bad behavior or else why would we tend to it so frequently if we know it is bad behavior?  Whatever embarrassing reason we come up with, I try to wake up in the morning, and and ask myself what good habits I did recently to keep me on the path of a well-balanced life?  I then resolve to do those good things over again today.  This is my idea of vigilance.  Repeat what works on a daily basis.  I do not assume that today will be fine, because yesterday was fine.  Yesterday I fell in quite nicely with reality or at least comfortably adjusted to it without having an episode of bad behavior.  I am a member of the group that can easily go back to bad behavior if not vigilant in daily maintenance of a fit spiritual condition.  My list of good practices would include talking to someone on a spiritual path, or maybe someone who is not, but would like to be, eat healthy enough so that a little treat is OK, mediation, gratitude list reflexion, and reading a little good spiritual stuff from somewhere or other.  Most likely, with this I will end up being of some good use to others.  I like a little exercise in moderation, but that is not always possible on a daily basis.  If you think daily vigilance is boring, you might reflect that bad behavior revisited is catastrophic.  I never forget my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment