Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Desperate Action*

I notice that some people who are in recovery, and working at it, often are in a state of desperation.  Like what?  Like not wanting to die through suicide, or becoming homeless, jobless or sicker.  But I see this in a lot of areas and I am not immune.  People don’t keep up their residence or home until they are desperate to sell it.  They ignore diet, proper sleep and exercise until they get diagnosed with some bad health issue.  They ignore a relationship until the other is going to die, or abandon them.  They slack at a job until they fear termination. And so on.  For many of us, “maintenance” of a good condition/situation does not exist in our life.  Fear drives many of us to action.  I remind myself of this many a day, so that I will continue to do what has gotten me into this place of balance and even peace.  If I wait for desperation, I might overshoot it.  To go past desperation is really bad.  The abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment