Saturday, February 16, 2019

Belief And Change*

Some people who say they do not believe in God don't want to change.  Now you can believe in a god as an idea, or thought in your head.  Such ideas do not lead to change, to better behavior.  Lots of people believe but are not very loving except where it suits them.  Selfish.  But if you believe in a God as a relationship, then you will change.  I have found it so.  Why would I ignore prayer on a particular day?  I am focused on me, which might include self-centered fears about what I won't get or what I want.  My agenda on that day without prayer is all about me.  Relationship nudges me to change, to become less about me and more about others.  If you are selfish, it is easier to be so if you don't have a God relationship.  Faith is not about ideas for me.  It is more about letting go.  Some days I have more faith than other days.  I know this by how I treat others, or ignore them.

No comments:

Post a Comment