Sunday, February 24, 2019

Grief And Grace*

I have days that someone referred to as “grief and grace.”  I get up in he morning and I decide to get into my agenda.  I don’t ask for help, seek guidance, reflect on any shortcomings that might get in the way, but just get into the next thing.  Grief.  Things go sideways.  The relationship is off-kilter.  The task ends up not going right but filled with whining, complaining and blaming.  Then, if I am fortunate, I stop this grief train and take a break to seek a better way.  I ask for some help, pray, check on my side of the street for my weaknesses.  It does not take long to do this.  A little patience and then I go about my agenda.  Grace.  Grace is a way to restart a day that began with self-propulsion.  Grief comes with self-will power.  Grace comes with some other power, better than my self-power.  I am never alone, except in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment