Friday, April 12, 2019

Dry Not Enough*

Someone said that they lived like an alcoholic, though they had stopped drinking.  They thought that they were in control because they were not drinking.  However the rest of their life was drama and chaos.  Eventually, the control not-drinking program fell apart.  The reason that people in addiction recovery go to meetings, work steps, meditate and help others, is so that they do not want to live a life full of drama and chaos.  I have found it so.  It is important to accept how little I really do control.  I need daily reminders so that I make a sane response to what shows up in daily life, in events, relationships, emotions and my morning plans for the day.  I am lucky to have a way of life that saves me from myself.  I sweep my side of the street as best as I can.  Fixing others is not in my league.

No comments:

Post a Comment