Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tune Up*

If you practice on a musical instrument like a guitar it pretty much stays in tune or is easy to tune up from one day to another.  You also find it easier to play the guitar as you practice daily.  The spiritual road is like a relationship with a guitar.  You have to practice on a daily basis to keep an improvement or ease of play/prayer/lifestyle.  If you neglect the practice, you become like the guitar, out of tune.  And it is not easy to get tuned up.  One does not pick up where one has left off in playing a neglected musical instrument.  So I think of my daily spiritual practice as my way of staying tuned up.  I know both the out of tune and in tune life.  I try not to bash myself about too much.  When I am into my spiritual practice, I am in tune with the world around me.  Middle C.

No comments:

Post a Comment