Saturday, April 20, 2019

Judgment

Many of us are kind of ambivalent about "judgment."  We don't like religion that is judgmental, nor do we like others who we think are judging us.  But we seem to love reality TV.  These shows about who is the best singer, dancer, best looking or whatever "best" is all about judgment, with a winner and lots of losers.  We don't seem to mind participating in the judgment of others.  We might tend to get real upset if we found out that someone was lying on these shows in order to better their chances of winning.  But we don't seem to mind lying ourselves to get out of a loser situation and better our chances of looking good in the eyes of others.  I have found that rigorous honesty about myself and being non-judgmental of others works best for me.  I think my God would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment