Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Old Ideas*

I find that when I am trying to let go of or overcome some bad habit or lifestyle, I often need to let go of old ideas.  My old ideas got in the way of change for the better.  An old idea might be: “I can do this myself.  I don’t need outside help,” or, “I will do bettr tomorrow.”  If someone has a problem with alcohol, drugs, cheating, stealing, lying, rage, and they cannot stop on their own, they may have to let go of “old ideas.”  One of these old ideas is “There is no god.”  This non-belief has not helped make a positive change in addictive behavior.  So maybe it would be good to let go of that old idea.  It is a form of surrender.  Before I can surrender an old way of life, I may have to first surrender ideas I had in the old way of life.  Just sayin’

No comments:

Post a Comment