Monday, April 1, 2019

Fake News

Today is April Fool’s Day.  It used to be the one day a year that you told a lie, or a fake truth, and then when everyone believed you, “April Fools” was shouted out.  Nowadays everyday is like a April Fools Day because of fake news.  And no on tells you that it is a joke.  Belief is encouraged in what is not true.  So today has lost it specialness as April Fools Day.  Some people like news that agrees with them and do not question its veracity.  I tend to read people who have a different philosophy or economic understanding or political view than I do, so as to test my own sense of what I think is so.  It helps me to stay connected with the “other” and not to get too tribal.  Truth wears no mask.  But I need to make sure I am not in my own way that blocks that truth from my view or understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment