Sunday, March 31, 2019

Log-In-Eye Disease*

I am reminded that Log-In-Eye is a disease of the ego inflation.  It results in hypocrisy and judgements of others.  Each day, I need to do a self-examination early on to see how I am doing with my character defects and ask God to help me not fall over them.  I trip over myself when I focus on the faults, as I see them, of others. I see the speck in their eye, so to speak.  I get resentful and angry.  Maybe whine a bit too.  Do they change?  No.  Do I?  No.  I find that often when I focus on someone else’s faults, these are really my faults, the log in my eye, that I want to avoid.  Why damage my ego or self-esteem?  Better to be right and miserable?  I am a long way from ‘gently admonishing” other people.  Working on myself is quite a full time occupation.

No comments:

Post a Comment