Thursday, March 7, 2019

On The Way

Hyprocrisy is when I deceive people into thinking I am what I do not intend to be.  Intention is the key.  You might do something that you intend to do, such as be of service to someone, but you do not feel like doing it.  Your intention does not match your feeling.  But that is not hypocrisy.  You may feel hopeless, and negative, wanting to help no one but yourself.  Yet you go against these feelings because you “INTEND” to be helpful and positive.  You are true to your intentions rather than your feelings.  If I waited around until my feelings matched my intentions, not much positive would be done for anyone, including me.  Feelings can be a great teacher, a warning, a protector. But they can get in the way of doing the greater good.  How many meetings did you skip because you did not feel like going?

1 comment:

  1. A bit of "False Self" and a bit "True Self" Richard Rohr?

    ReplyDelete