Friday, March 29, 2019

Ground Control*

The spiritual life of prayer and mediation is a bit like ground control.  What does airport ground control do?  It tells the pilots where they are and where they are heading.  If necessary, ground control gives course change directions based upon stuff about which the pilots may not know.  So God is like ground control and when we check in during our flight through the day, God will direct us.  God will tell us where we are as opposed to where we think we are.  God is the second opinion and is more accurate than our unaided self.  Then God gives us direction.  I try to check in with ground control God each morning before I try and take off for me day.  I have had enough accidents and disasters when directed by my unaided will.

No comments:

Post a Comment