Thursday, March 21, 2019

Vero Beach

I am just finishing up my short stay in a little bit of fullness.  It is Vero Beach, Florida.  Now the weather has not been the best, but Vero has things I cannot find in other places.  It has “Ocean” radio station.  That is the name of the station.  It plays oldies from my past.  It now plays newer oldies than it used to play.  No more Frank Sinatra or Perry Como, so I guess the radio figures that people like me must be dead.  Here at the Paulist house where I stay while here, we have the Wall Street Journal newspaper which is my favorite, as well as the NYT which is OK and the local paper which gives me all the news of what is going on around here where I used to live.  At the local “Publix” supermarket, I can buy Entenment New York Crumb Cake.  I cannot find this in Colorado or California.  And I can get the closest thing to New York Pizza at the Italian restaurant, “Vincent’s” here in Vero.  There is a local park a few minutes drive from the house, or a jog, which has trees for shade and a dirt path for jogging.  Good bye Vero Beach.  See you next year, God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment