Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Gratitude*

Sometimes I dwell on the one thing that won't be happening in my life and ignore all the other good things that I have happening in my life.  I whine about not being young anymore, but forget that I am alive in spite of past bad behavior that could have had me dead.  I am not an important priest with a big title and lots of power.  I forget that I am an active priest, with good ministry opportunities coming my way each day.  I focus on the one (OK maybe more than one) person who does not like my odd craziness, and forget all the people who love me in my whimsey.  I focus on being such a slow runner now, but ignore the fact that I can run at all.  On my saner days I am grateful for all that I have.  How is your sanity doing today?  Whining is a good way to measure sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment